Monday, April 30, 2007

Hola!

I've spent the last two days with Hugo, Daniel, and Anya. The first two guys are Brazlians, who are on internships in Tallinn and Tartu, Estonia. Anya is a Russian girl studying at Tartu University.

Since I'm going to Estonia, I wanted to get first-hand info about the situation there. They say I will enjoy it, but still there is a kind of fear because of the conflict between Estonian authorities and Russians. I will have to be a real ambassador, demonstrate leadership and tolerance, and adapt to the completely different mentality. It's a challenge!

Brazilians are open, energetic and curious people. It's interesting to meet people from other continents, as they have different horizons. For example, Hugo and Daniel had no idea about Georgia, Lebanon, Turkmenistan, etc. Similarly, we might be too focused on Eurasia and far from the problems of Latin America and Africa.

Where have we been? Red Square -> Kremlin -> Historical Museum -> Christ the Saviour Cathedral -> Arbat -> Vorobivy Gory -> Detsky Mir -> Leningradsky Vokzal.

Surprisingly, when we were coming out of the metro to the trainstation, we met one more Brazilian in the crowd. She was a tall black lady, a volley-ball player in the Russian team.

No comments: