Working hard // Partying hard
I've finally got very well adjusted to Estonia and everything Estonian. My fears are gone, and I'm proud to claim I'm from Russia, as it's a great country. But we should be more objective in our perception of history and more sensitive to other cultures. However, sometimes I'm embarassed when I see Russian drunken people swearing in public or prostitutes. Hopefully, these problems will go away, when our society gets more well-off.
My internship with Hansabank is very intense. Now I'm gathering lots of financial information about Nordic, CEE and West European banks and unifying the date for comparison. It takes me lots of concentration, as one wrong figure may affect the whole result. My colleagues are friendly and help me whenever I ask, but, of course, there is no such hot reception like in Turkey. It's just a different cultures.
In the meanwhile, I go out often with my international friends, who are the main factor of my integration. I work with Estonians, but have fun with mostly Latinos. So, last weekend we had a Salsa dance class from an Indian teacher, went to a dormitory to celebrate its future demolition and attented an amazing song festival. Imagine, 18000 young people dressed in national clothes sanged together for the whole day. I started loving Estonia then.
Please click on the image to see other photos.
Saturday, July 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
nice to look Talinn form yr eyes brat moy...
Hey Ozgur! Thanks for dropping me a line.
lesson of salsa from an indian teacher? :)))) funny :))))
Yeah, thats Indian salsa :)
Post a Comment