New York has made a bad impression on me: it's overcrowded, overcommercialized, overdiverse. The conference has been very business-oriented, so that there has almost no fun. The people have been quite reserved and egocentric. Luckily, I've had an roommate who is of Pakistani origin and met Russian participants representing other countries (US, Germany, and Hungary). They are more focused on friendship and are likely to be my friends in the future.
Unlike New York, Toronto is a nice and friendly city. In the airport I met an old Canadian lady, who made me an introduction about Toronto and accompanied me on the subway. I live in the very downtown near major bars, Deloitte's office and my training centre. The hostel is cheap and very convenient: I have a single room, breakfast&dinner, and free Internet just for 25$ a day! I've had to pay 20$ for just the Internet in New York.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Саша, привет! Только вот нашла твой блог! Надеюсь, ты меня помнишь - Айка, сама с айсек Казахстана, но теперь работаю в айсек эстонии мс. Знаю, что ты когда-то здесь в банке на практике был, тебя здесь помнят... :) Даже и не знаю, где ты сейчас, как поняла в Канаде :) Буду твой блог тоже тогда читать, добавляю в свой список :) Удачи тебе во всем, знаю что ты всегда был и будешь молодцом с Большой буквы! %)
Айка, привет! Конечно же я тебя помню :) Мы даже как-то ехали в электричке в Сергиев Посад. У тебя тоже блог очень интересный!
когда же я сам увижу нью йорк.. ))
Post a Comment