Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bye bye, Estonia!

Last Friday was the day to say bye bye to my colleagues and international friends in Tallinn. So, I brought some melon and water melon to Hansabank and organized Poka Poka Buffet in my flat.

My colleagues were respectful, but, as usual, quite indifferent. I understand it's the mentality, but it's much more easier for me to have either warm or cold relations with people, but not nothing. At least I was glad that everybody told me "See you in Moscow", when I was leaving.

Our Analysis and Planning Department: Kristel, Rait, me, Diana, Mart, Mirko

I will not miss Estonia, but I will miss my international friends, especially Ankur (India) and Mustafa (Turkey). They were the first who came to my Poka Poka Buffet, others came later. I served some Georgian wine with snacks and organized a quizz on Russia and Turkmenistan. Of course, the Estonians have been the best, which is a result of common educational space that used to exist. I gave matryoshkas as prizes and played Russian pop songs.

Saturday, my last day was quite sad. I packed my luggage early in the morning, went shopping with Mustafa, and then helped him to relocate to our flat from the hostel. My best friends came to the train station to see me off. My neighbour in the car was a nice lady, who is an official. She gave me food and told lots of stories from her life, but escaped every political question I asked.

No comments: