Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Networking

Attending different event, such conferences, seminars, presentations, etc., increases your opportunities drammatically, as information is everything now.

So, for the last two weeks, I've attended a Banking Law Case Study at my academy, McKinsey Presentation Session, and Bain Case Interview Workshop in Moscow. Luba from AIESEC has been involed in organizaton of two of them. And I've meet Katya, Vanya, Natasha there as well.

Three years ago I went to McKinsey for an interview, but I failed. However, I met there Bakhodir, another interviewee, who is now a good friend of mine. In two years he went to Switzerland and joined AIESEC there. Now he is going to be my host.

Last year I attended EU Study Week in Moscow and met Sergey there. After that we have met 4 times at different events and shared our experiences. I was so surprised, when he told me he had met Alexey in Citigroup. He is my friend from AIESEC St. Petersburg.

Last summer I went to a night club in Bursa, Turkey. It was boring, as nobody could speak English, but one guy asked me something in Turkish. It turned out that he and his friends were from AIESEC, so that I changed the table and spent time with them. He is a friend of Nevin, a trainee in St. Petersburg who I met in Moscow.

I already know that I met Marina, a Russian trainee in Tallinn at Moscow New Year Project in 2005. And the elected VPF of AIESEC Estonia is my roommate from Cappadoccia Tour in Turkey.

The world is small!

No comments: