Saturday, July 01, 2006

Gun aydin, arkadaslar!

Yesterday I arrived to Istanbul, a magnificent city that unites Europe and Asia. You would ask me how I feel, and I would say that I feel like I'm at home, in Ashgabat, but in the distant future. Everything reminds me my homeland: absolutely the same grass and trees (ailantus, maklura, akatsia), the same weather, and lots of extremely beautiful and friendly people.

As you know, I'll live in Ercan's flat that is on Soganli Street. It is very nice but it takes much time and money to go to the center. There is only one line in the metro, so you have to take a bus (1 ticket is about 24 rub) or taxi. But the problem is orientation. All the streets look the same because they are packed with shops and don't have names. So, today I've taken a notebook and pen to wright down every step how to get to AIESEC and Fiba Holding. Here is Ercan's room:


Just after I came to the flat I went to AIESEC office that is situated in Taskim District, right in the heart of Istanbul. Frankly speaking, I've been shocked to see such a luxurious office in comparison with Moscow ones. It's like a big lecture hall in size and has everything for smooth work: about 15 computers, comfortable sophas, chairs, boards, separate rooms for EB members, a kitchen, and even a bathroom. From the window you can see a splendid view of Bosphorus with flying seagales:

I've got to know almost all the people in the office. They are really friendly! Surprisingly, most of AIESEC Turkish girls don't look really Turkish, as they have fair hair and light eyes. Just after I came we had a usual learning circle held on Fridays. This time it was about Globalization and Emerging Markets. I've tried to be as active as possible to share my thoughts. As you can guess, we talked much about America. Here you can see one moment of the discussion:

Ather the discussion Ercan and I went to cafe to eat some pide and late to a party with interns (there about 30 of them in Istanbul) held on the roof of a building in the center of the city. It was nice to meet many people, but I was too tired to have fun.

Now I'm sitting in the office with Ercan, LCP and one CEEDer from UK. The latter is very interesting, because he is a Jew by origin, his parents are Buddists, and he went to a Christian school.

I hope you haven't get bored with my post :)

Gorusmek uzere,

Sasha

1 comment:

Alexander Annaev said...

Selam, Bilal! It's nice to hear from you. How did you learn about my blog? See you in Anatolia Congress.

Sash