Iyi aksamlar, arkadaslar!
Life seems to go slowly here, but I've already saw so many things. On Saturday Sean and Lucy came from the UK to take a bus to Izmir where they are supposed to teach English. Accidentally, nobody met the in the airport. So, Ercan and I went to Taksim Square to help them buy tickets and find a hostel for one night. It was fun to walk overwhelmed with heavy on Istiklal Street, the most crowded place in Istanbul:

Finally, Ercan found a hostel just off the Mosque on Istiklal. You can stay in a tiny room where a bed can hardly fit, but it's the center and just 10 doll. a day. Then a suprise waited for us: we wented to Bosphorus, the strait that lies between Europe and Asia! Firewokrs were sparkling, seagales were crying, people were chatting on the shore.
Next morning I got up at 8.30, but there was nobody in the flat. So, I decided to go to a supermarket to buy some normal food to cook myself. It was the first time when I realized that the language barrier really matters: I couldn't ask where I could weight the vegetables... But I managed somehow. Then I cooked patlican salad and waited for Katya, my Russian flatmate who had spent her weekend in Bodrum. It's nice that I have BBC and Discovery Channel at home.
Well. I have a lot to tell, but I'm going for a cup of coffee with aiesecers ;)
Gorusuruz,
Iskender


No comments:
Post a Comment