When I came home yesterday night after the Asian Night, I saw Katya wathing a movie in... Russian with Turkish subtitles. It was the most disguisting movie I had ever seen, so that I was about to throw up. Both Katya and I were ashamed of this movie. But it was about reality, the reality we prefer not to notice. AIESEC is an artificial world full of joy. To challenge your worldview, you dont' have to go abroad, you can just look around you.
These are passages of the review by The Guardian:
It is an uncompromisingly bleak, devastatingly powerful study of Lilya (Oksana Akinshina), a poverty-stricken teenage girl abandoned in a crumbling Russian town when her mother leaves, apparently for the United States, with a man she has met through a dating agency - and refuses to take her with them. In her wretchedness, Lilya finds a friend in a lonely 11-year-old boy, Volodya (Artyom Bogucharsky), but then precisely duplicates her mother's betrayal when she meets a smooth-talking young guy who says he can take her away to Sweden.
She gets on the plane with the fake passport he has procured for her, bound for a paradise of freedom and riches, with hardly a thought for Volodya. And it is right here, in our liberal, prosperous western Europe, that the illegal immigrant Lilya meets her unwatchably horrible fate.
Thursday, July 20, 2006
Posted by Alexander Annaev at 4:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment